In order to maintain use of the certification letters, the University requires evidence of continuing professional development. Over a 24-month period, the therapist is expected to maintain either full or part-time clinical practice and meet one or more of the following activities:
- 30 hours (3.0 CEU) of continuing education attendance every 2 years. These seminars may be any physical therapy practice management area, not just manual therapy. It does not include seminars related to CI credentialing and employment topics such as blood borne pathogens, HIV updates, CPR certification, medical errors, HIPPA requirements, etc. We will need a copy of the certificates for each seminar attended (be sure the # of CEU/contact hours is listed on the certificate).
- Publication of article(s) in peer-reviewed journal. This could be a research study, position paper, clinical pearl, etc. Just send us the copy of the article with citation.
- Completion and passing of the ABPTS certification examination. A copy of the letter and/or the certificate will suffice for verification.
- Post-professional degree coursework (3 credits over 24 months). Please send a copy of an unofficial transcript.
- Development and/or teaching of a seminar.
- Development and/or teaching of a rehabilitation-related course in a degree-granting program.
- Every two years (based on the date signed on your certificate), submit an update form.
- Complete the form; include copies of documentation verifying completion of one or more of the above professional activities.
- Send this form and all of your documentation to: University of St. Augustine, 1 University Boulevard, St. Augustine, FL 32086.
Things to remember:
- Keep your personal information updated with us. The only way we can maintain accurate data in the listing is if everyone communicates with us about name, address, email, and employer changes.
- Save your seminar certificates, even those from this university in a file folder or other safe place. It will save you from hunting around for these when it is time to update your records with us. Just remember: no certificate, no verification for your certification update!
- DO NOT send one piece of documentation at a time - send everything at once. We are unable to maintain a professional activity file for you. Just submit your documents once every two years and send all documentation at one time.
- If you are a new certification graduate, your name will not appear in the listing unless you complete the New Certification Graduate Listing form. We need to receive approval to provide your information on the website.
- If there is no evidence of professional development experiences sent to the university during the past 24 months, the certification initials will be in parentheses ().