Click Here for the Self Certification Form
Eligibility for these types of loans is based on credit, citizenship status, and other factors as determined by the lending institution.
Smart Option Student Loans
- Borrow up to 100% of your school-certified costs of education (minimum $1,000)
- Choice Plus Savings
- Interest Repayment. Pay interest while in school and have a shorter repayment period after school to save an average of 30% on your total loan cost compared to our deferred repayment option
- Fixed Repayment. Pay just $25 a month while in school and have a shorter repayment period after school to save an average of 20% on your total loan cost compared to our deferred repayment option
- Deferred Repayment. Make no payments while in school—or pay as much as you'd like—for maximum flexibility
- Competitive Interest Rates, Rates from LIBOR + 2.00% (2.25% APR) to LIBOR + 9.875% (9.23% APR)
- No origination fees and no prepayment penalties
- Rewards for paying on time
- Get a 2% SmartReward® in your Upromise® account when you make scheduled monthly payments on time while in school with Interest and Fixed Repayment plans
- Get a 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction while enrolled to make scheduled monthly payments by automatic debit
Smart Option Student Loan options are available through BBVA Compass, Fifth Third Bank and Sallie Mae
Smart Option Student Loan by Sallie Mae
Students may also explore the option of loans through a private lender. For a complete view and to apply online, visit https://opennet.salliemae.com/apploansummary/?school_id=03171300&InstLndrID=900905&AlternateLogin=Y&loanprogram=SOSL or call 1-888-272-5543.
Smart Option Student Loan by Fifth Third Bank Fifth Third Bank is offering the Smart Option Student Loan to USA students. For more information, please click here.
Smart Option Student Loan by Compass Bank
Please visit Compass Bank to learn more www.bbvacompass.com/studentloans.
University of St Augustine for Health Sciences (USAHS) Extended Payment Plans, managed by TFC
(Subject to change)
Criteria for eligibility for these type loans:
- Student must have been enrolled in a degree program at the University of St Augustine by the Spring 2012 (January 2012)
- Payment/Loan limit, $6,500 per each loan request, students may not participate in more than three (3) USAHS – TFC programs (aggregate total of 19,500)
- Per term Application must be made no later than one month before start of the term student is requesting assistance.
- Reviewed and signed self-certification form and any requested supporting documentation
- Proof of prior denial from other alternative loan programs
- Be in good academic standing, GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Never been on Probation (Academic or Professional)
- Completion of Educational Financial Plan document with Director, includes remaining course of studies at the University of St Augustine
- Copy of application documentations of applying for one of the USA Scholarship programs
USAHS - TFC Payment Plan, degree programs
Tuition and Fees only, no cash out for cost of living expenses. Interest rate: 12% (reviewed annually and subject to change). $50-75 monthly payment while in school and payment plan will fully amortization upon withdrawal from USAHS or 6 months after graduation, amortized up to seven (7) years. These tuition payment plans are open to students who have been enrolled for a minimum of one year and in good academic standing and limited to 3 payment plans during course of studies.
USAHS - TFC Payment Plan for Post Professional Degree Programs
Monthly payments are made based on the fully amortization promissory note while attending school. These tuition payment plans are open to post professional students to cover tuition toward advisor approved course schedule plan. Student must be in good academic standing, maximum loan size of $5,000 and limited to 2 payment plans within the five year period.
USAHS - TFC Payment Plan, Resident-Fellowship Administration Fee
There is a an one time in-program administrative cost of $$3,000.00 and student may wish to set up a payment plan using the USA TFC option, whereas monthly payment will be made through the program, and the amortization is based on anticipated graduation date. Interest rate: 12% (reviewed annually and subject to change).
For more details of any of these payment plans, please contact the Financial Aid office by calling 800-241-1027 ext 1208, 2441, or 1284
Private Alternative loans are based on credit, as well as other criteria, it is important to maintain a good credit rating prior to and during your attendance at school. If have found that students with no work history post undergraduate studies and/or unable to work during their graduate students, may be required to have a creditworthy co-signer to be eligible for student loans.
We recommend that before applying for a Private Alternative loan that you contact at least one of the following national credit agencies to receive a copy of your credit report.
PLEASE NOTE: The maximum amount you can borrow in an alternative loan is the Cost of Attendance minus any financial aid, and scholarships. Before applying for a Private Alternative Loan, refer to your award notice for your Cost of Attendance and Financial Aid Award amounts.
Click Here to Download the Application Link.