FPTA Annual Conference & Assembly of Representatives
The Florida Physical Therapy Association hosted its Annual Conference and Assembly of Representatives in Daytona Beach, FL, Thursday, September 13, 2012 – Sunday, September 16, 2012. University of St. Augustine’s (USA) Faculty, graduates and students attended this event for 4 days of networking, education, special events and award ceremonies.
Special Acknowledgements and Awards Included:
- Dr. Catherine Patla and Dr. Jeffery Rot were recognized for their years of service with their 35 and 20 year pins, respectively
- Dr. Catherine Patla was re-elected to the House of Delegates
- Dr. Gary Gorniak received the Rick Shutes Committee Service Award for his years of service as the Chair of the Research Committee
- Dr. Chaconas received an award for his work as Government Advocacy Committee Chair and his involvement as the Federal Affairs Liaison
- Dr. Stanborough was recognized as a Board of Trustee Chair
- Dr. Liphart was recognized as the Conference Committee Chair
Dr. Eric J. Chaconas along with Dr. Morey J. Kolber presented the course; Eccentric Training: Evidence Informed Scientific and Practical Applications. The course provided the clinician with an overview of the basic science behind the pathophysiology of tendinopathy, the effects eccentric loading provides these tissues and the clinical application of such interventions.
On Sunday, September 16, 2012, Dr. Catherine Patla, Dr. Erin Conrad and Dr. Eric J. Chaconas participated in the panel presentation; MENTORING: Promoting Excellence through Residency/Fellowship Programs – Points of View. The presentations focused on the varied experiences of those involved in APTA credentialed residency/fellowship programs.