St. Augustine, FL—August 18, 2015—Almost 100 graduates from 24 states, Canada, St. Lucia and Trinidad celebrated their graduation from the Florida campus of the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences on August 14. They were joined by family and friends as they received Doctor of Physical Therapy, Doctor of Occupational Therapy and Master of Occupational Therapy degrees or celebrated the completion of the Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy Fellowship.
The university granted several awards to graduates who embodied their program’s mission with attributes including professionalism, clinical reasoning, ethical standards and commitment to professional growth:
- The Stanley V. Paris and Catherine E. Patla Award for Excellence in Manual Therapy: Jamie Kathryn Vogt
- Outstanding Physical Therapy Student Award: Jamie Kathryn Vogt
- Outstanding Physical Therapy Flex Student Award: Jason Michael Musson
- Outstanding Occupational Therapy Student Award: Shannon Rae Llanos
- The Karen S. Howell Scholastic Achievement Award (occupational therapy): Katherine Myers Baccus
- Ray M. Patterson Scholastic Achievement Award (physical therapy): Jason Michael Musson
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USA) is a graduate institution that emphasizes health science education through innovative quality classroom and distance education. Founded in 1979, USA has locations in San Marcos, California; St. Augustine, Florida; and Austin, Texas. USA offers degree programs in physical therapy, occupational therapy, athletic training, education and health science, as well as residency, fellowship and continuing education programs. For more information, visit www.usa.edu. USA is a member of Laureate International Universities, a network of more than 80 institutions in 28 countries and one of the most significant global higher education providers for health sciences. For more information, visit www.laureate.net.