St. Augustine, FL—December 18, 2015—More than 100 graduates from 31 states, Brazil, Canada, the Philippines, and Trinidad and Tobago celebrated their graduation from the Florida campus of the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences on December 11. They were joined by family and friends as they received Doctor of Physical Therapy, Doctor of Occupational Therapy or Master of Occupational Therapy degrees.
The university granted several awards to graduates who embodied their program’s mission with attributes including professionalism, clinical reasoning, ethical standards and commitment to professional growth:
- The Stanley V. Paris and Catherine E. Patla Award for Excellence in Manual Therapy: Cole Michael Thompson
- Outstanding Physical Therapy Student Award: Nathan Robert Neff
- Outstanding Physical Therapy Flex Student Award: Michael James Boman
- Outstanding Occupational Therapy Student Award: Lindsay Nicole Fitzpatrick
- The Karen S. Howell Scholastic Achievement Award (occupational therapy): Samantha Brooke Bell
- Ray M. Patterson Scholastic Achievement Award (physical therapy): Carla Lempert”
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USA) is a graduate institution that emphasizes health science education through innovative quality classroom and distance education. Founded in 1979, USA has locations in San Marcos, California; St. Augustine, Florida; and Austin, Texas. USA offers degree programs in physical therapy, occupational therapy, education and health science, as well as continuing education programs. For more information, visit www.usa.edu. USA is a member of Laureate International Universities, a network of more than 80 institutions in 28 countries and one of the most significant global higher education providers for health sciences. For more information, visit www.laureate.net.