Nurse practitioners and physician assistants are advanced healthcare practitioners with similar responsibilities, such as diagnosing illnesses and prescribing medications. However, their training and paths toward certification differ in significant ways. This blog post unpacks the key differences between NPs and PAs to help you determine which career path best aligns with your goals. What Is a Nurse Practitioner? A nurse practitioner (NP) is a licensed clinician who provides comprehensive healthcare to patients of all ages. An NP can work in virtually any healthcare setting, diagnosing patient conditions and prescribing medications. As of October 2022, nurse practitioners have full practice authority in 27 states, meaning that they can practice Read more
- Continuing Professional Education: USAHS alumni receive discounts on accredited continuing education. Earn CEUs that you may be able to apply toward the licensure requirements in your profession. Find out more …
- Social Media Networking Sites: University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences alumni can join private groups to connect, network, learn, share ideas and build community. Member requests will be reviewed within 24-48 hours. If you have questions, or if you are finding your member request has not been approved, please contact [email protected].
- PT Alumni Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/usahsptalumni (You must be a USAHS PT alum to join the PT Facebook group.)
- OT Alumni Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/usahsotalumni (You must be a USAHS OT alum to join the OT Facebook group.)
- SLP Alumni Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/usahsmsslpalumni (You must be a USAHS MS-SLP alum to join the SLP Facebook group.)
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12645146/ (Any USAHS alumni can join.)
- Networking Events: Part of the USAHS alumni engagement program will be to offer networking activities and events, including on-campus reunions, conference events and volunteer service opportunities. As these become available, we will share here and through our alumni communication channels.
Are you interested in organizing a networking event or reunion, or starting a club in your area? Please send your idea and contact information to [email protected].