Briona Daugherty’s (MS-SLP ’22) speech-language pathology (SLP) path began on board a cruise ship. Daugherty graduated from San Diego State University with a bachelor’s degree in theatrical performance. She studied opera and musical theater, originally wanting to be a touring singer for Broadway-style shows. After spending time as a professional singer in Las Vegas and New York City, she began a career performing on cruise ships, including five years in China, Japan, Korea and Thailand. The longer she worked on cruise ships, the more she aided other vocalists in adjusting to life onboard. This included helping entertainment employees maintain their voices for more than two hours a night in a 2,000-seat theater. After witnessing Read more
Students must use the following steps to report any exposures to COVID-19 while participating in clinical/fieldwork experiences:
- Communicate exposure to your faculty member.
- Follow site-specific processes and protocols for exposure and communicate compliance with your faculty member.
- Complete USAHS Incident Report and upload to Exxat.
- Email Dawn Werling ([email protected]) of exposure to be added to USAHS log.
- Communicate changes/updates to their situation to AFWC/ACCE and Dawn Werling ([email protected]).