At a key transition point in their studies, occupational therapy students across all USAHS campuses participate in a meaningful ritual, witnessed by family and friends. The OT pinning ceremony marks the end of the classroom portion of their studies and the beginning of their fieldwork. For Residential MOT and OTD students, this happens in their fourth term, and for Flex, in the seventh term. A longstanding tradition in OT practice, the pin celebrates the diversity of practice areas, the client-centered nature of our practice and the values of our profession. “It’s an opportunity for faculty to acknowledge our students’ transition from classroom learning to clinical learning,” says Mary Zadnik, ScD, MEd, OTR/L, director of the entry-level OT programs on Read more
Today’s rapidly evolving healthcare industry provides healthcare professionals who possess the appropriate education and expertise with expanded career opportunities and overall job security. Enroll at the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USAHS) to take the next steps in your education, and advance your healthcare career.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences offers innovative, career-focused clinical and practice-based health science programs online and in the classroom. There is still time to begin your journey by applying for summer start date of May 11 for the following programs:
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program is an online program, giving students the choice of four nurse specializations that offer optional campus-based experiences** and provides students access to nursing faculty members who are nurse leaders in practice and education. This program offers a 25% tuition reduction for qualified applicants.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program pairs education and experience to prepare students to transform the future of nursing. This program offers a 50% tuition reduction for qualified applicants.
- Master of Health Administration (MHA) program was designed with industry health care leaders to ensure the curriculum is focused on mastering the skills that health care employers are looking for when they make hiring and promotion decisions. This program offers a $1,000 tuition reduction for qualified applicants.
- Master of Health Science (MHS) program can help position you to lead the future in one of the fastest growing industries. As a student of health sciences, you will gain practical skills in order to excel in a variety of roles in athletic training, health informatics, executive leadership, education, and more. This program offers a $1,000 tuition reduction for qualified applicants.
- Doctor of Education (EdD) program is designed for practitioners, educators, and administrators who want to assume or advance their careers in healthcare education, administration, or leadership. This program offers a 25% tuition reduction for qualified applicants.
Connect with an enrollment advisor today, and let us help you take the next step toward your future.
*Over the life of the program. This offer is not a guarantee that all candidates eligible for the offer will be granted acceptance or admission into USAHS. All prospective students will be subject to the same standard admission and registration process when applying to USAHS. The tuition reduction is applicable to tuition only and does not apply toward books, materials, and other supplies or fees. The tuition reduction cannot be used in combination with any other tuition benefit other than the tuition award specified. This offer is only valid for eligible new students who enroll and start classes in the MSN, DNP, MHA, or MHS programs at USAHS for Summer 2020. Please refer to the Financial Aid webpage for additional information.
**MSN/FNP program requires 3 on-campus practicums