The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is currently accepting applicants for enrollment for the Doctor of Nursing Practice program from the following states:AK, AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TX, VA.
Our DNP admissions requirements are put in place to ensure your success in the program.
- BSN-entry DNP: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree with cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 grade – official transcripts required
- MSN-entry DNP: Master of Science in Nursing (MSN, RD1) degree with cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 grade – official transcripts required
- Evidence of an unrestricted/unencumbered registered nurse (RN) license in the state of residence
- Two letters of recommendation from: 1) A nurse educator familiar with your ability to do academic work 2) An immediate supervisor (e.g., nurse manager), preceptor, or mentor familiar with your practice skills
- Professional resume of curriculum vita; an equivalent of one full-time year of experience as a registered nurse is required.
- Comprehensive background check requiring fingerprints and drug screen is required during the admissions process.
- Career goal statement – 500 word essay describing your short-term and long-term career goals and how you plan to achieve them
- An interview if requested
International Students Applying for Admission
International candidates will be considered for admission however USAHS does not participate in any student visa programs and cannot sponsor students to enter the US for purposes of completing any academic or internship requirements. All instruction in the MSN program is conducted in English. To be considered, a candidate must submit:
- Transcripts (original and a translated version, if applicable) and a credentialing evaluation from an agency recognized by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) that provide evidence of training at a level equivalent to that of a bachelor’s degree in the United States.
- Official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score report if their education was completed in a language other than English or they reside in a non-English speaking country. A minimum score of 550 (paper-based testing), 210 (computer-based testing) or 83 (IBT – Internet based testing) is required.