The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is currently accepting applications for enrollment for the Doctor of Nursing Practice program from the following states.
To be considered for admission, a candidate must submit:
- Application for Admission form
- A master’s degree in nursing (MSN) with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or a doctorate of nursing practice (DNP) with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Official transcripts for either MSN if post-MSN or DNP if post-DNP
Evidence of an unrestricted/unencumbered registered nurse (RN) license in the state of residence
- Professional resume or curriculum vita; an equivalent of one full-time year of experience as a registered nurse by the time you start your first practicum course.
- Essay of approximately 500 words describing your short- and long-term career goals and how you plan to achieve them
- Two professional references; one should be from a nurse educator familiar with your ability to do academic work and one should be from an immediate supervisor (e.g., nurse manager), preceptor, or mentor familiar with your clinical skills
- A comprehensive background check requiring fingerprints and drug screen will be administered during the admissions process. These screenings are completed at the applicant’s expense.