Full-Time OTD Program
The USAHS OTD program expands the university’s heritage in Occupational Therapy which was established when USAHS introduced its first MOT program more than 20 years ago. The OTD program prepares students for advanced roles in practice, leadership, theory and research, advocacy and program development. The USAHS OTD curriculum enables student flexibility by blending online learning components with traditional on-campus, face-to-face learning. As a result, student interaction with faculty and fellow classmates is more meaningful, significant and effective. Our full-time OTD program is for students who are able to attend classes throughout the week at one of our five destination campuses.
The USAHS OTD curriculum also enables student flexibility by blending online learning components with traditional on-campus, face-to-face learning. As a result, student interaction with faculty and fellow classmates is more meaningful, significant and effective.
- Small class ratios promoting development of close relationships with both faculty and peers.
- Participate in interprofessional education. Collaborate, contribute your perspective and learn from students in other health professions.
- Identify a capstone topic that allows you to pursue your area of interest and partner with a mentor you choose.
- Learn from doctorally prepared faculty. Work alongside faculty who are practicing professionals and leaders in their fields.
- Two fieldwork experiences during the second half of the program deliver critical hands-on experience and patient management skills. These internships are 12 weeks long, if completed full-time.*
- St. Augustine, San Marcos, Austin, Miami and Dallas are ideal for student life with excellent recreational and cultural activities.
- Get started today. All five of our campuses offer start dates in Jan, May, and Sept.
- 117 credits. Average time to completion: 2 years and 8 months
* Clinical placements are determined by USAHS based on the student’s academic needs and to provide the best educational experience. Students should plan on the need to travel and/or relocate for clinical experiences.