Animal Rehabilitation is rehabilitation that is practiced on non‐human patients with the goals being that of functional restoration and improved quality of life. This introductory webinar will provide a brief overview of the newly emerging field of animal rehabilitation with an emphasis on domesticated dogs, cats, and rabbits.
Objectives‐Participants will be able to:
- Define animal rehabilitation
- Know who may perform animal rehabilitation
- Learn how one become a specialist in animal rehabilitation
- Understand the basic principles of animal rehabilitation
- Know why animals exhibit both orthopaedic and neurological impairments