This webinar is an overview of gait, balance and strengthening suggestions for aging adults versus geriatric patients.
- Understand the differences between aging adult versus geriatric patient in terms of
gait abnormalities and normal aging.
- List some common diagnosis in geriatric patients that are not part of normal aging.
- Distinguish between which gait and balance tests are recommended for aging adults
versus geriatric patients and why.
- Specify the different ways to complete the chair rise test, and understand normative data
- Know the current research findings on fall reduction and falls.
- Review current research on resistance training for geriatric patients and aging