The success of our students is at the core of USAHS’s mission. Our staff and faculty offer a range of services to support students both academically and personally. And we plan events for career development, self-care, and fun.
Academic and personal support:
- On-demand tutoring: Our tutoring service offers drop-in hours as well as appointments for one-on-one and group tutoring.
- Mentoring: Ask about mentoring opportunities with faculty.
- Writing service: Our writing service provides free assistance with writing resumes, papers, and capstone projects.
- Counseling: Students get three free counseling sessions per term for support around academic and personal challenges.
- Career days: Students can network and interview with potential employers at our career days. We also maintain up-to-date job boards.
- Lunch-and-Learn events: At these free events, guest speakers present about trending topics in healthcare—such as non-traditional career paths—and students can meet them and ask questions.
- Community service opportunities: Student professional organizations host fundraising and other events, such as an adaptive sports expo, the OT Olympics, OT Advocacy Day, and a beach cleanup.
- Interprofessional learning: Our interprofessional opportunities are a highlight of studying at USAHS. You will collaborate with students from other programs in hands-on clinical simulations to better prepare for real-world practice.
Recent events for self-care and fun have included:
- Destress Fests: We host Destress Fests near finals week—featuring therapy dogs, massage, ice cream, and yoga—to help students modulate their stress.
- Smoothie Day: Faculty members make delicious smoothies for students.
- Service Week: Students, faculty, and their families across the United States volunteer for service opportunities.
- Guest speakers: We invite guest speakers to present on self-care topics such as time management and coping with stress.
- Back-to-school parties: Some campuses host back-to-school parties each term, with DJs and games.