School of Nursing
At the School of Nursing at the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USAHS), we are building a community of future leaders.
In the evolving healthcare industry, there is a growing need for nurse leaders to fulfill a number of important roles. USAHS offers several practice-based and career-focused graduate nursing programs to help you advance in your field – as a nurse educator, nurse executive, nurse informaticist, or family nurse practitioner.
As a USAHS nursing student, you can advance your education and develop the necessary expertise to succeed in the following potential career fields:
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Educator
- Nurse Informaticist
- Nurse Executive
Choose your path at USAHS’ School of Nursing.
Flexibility, innovation and quality education are the foundations of the MSN program at USAHS. As a MSN student, you will collaborate with faculty and students from diverse backgrounds and benefit from interprofessional education opportunities.
Complete your degree entirely online  or participate in optional on-campus immersions. Partner with a preceptor of your choice to complete your practica in your own community in most cases. The MSN program is ideal for mid-career professionals who are looking to progress in their field.
Continue to advance your education through the DNP program at USAHS with a pathway that is right for you: BSN-entry DNP or MSN-entry DNP. You’ll benefit from an engaging online classroom, learning from faculty who are leaders in their fields, and access to a wealth of resources.
Complete an optional on-campus immersion to participate in peer discussions and accelerated coursework or participate in an international immersion to expand your global healthcare perspective. The DNP program is geared toward working professionals who are interested in furthering their education to the doctoral level.
The Post-Graduate Nursing Certificate program at the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USAHS) provides individualized pathways for nurses to grow their careers. These packaged courses expand on your foundational knowledge, preparing you to take on more responsibility or change your career trajectory. Certificates offered in each of our four role specialties.
Available Role Specialties
- Prepare yourself for an advanced practice role
- Work with patients and families across the lifespan
- Promote preventative care, diagnose medical conditions and treat acute and chronic illnesses
- Pursue certification by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- Lead a team of nurses in a variety of healthcare settings
- Serve as a manager, director, supervisor, or chief nursing officer
- Oversee healthcare human resource management, finance and economic operations
- Pursue certification in Nurse Executive-Advanced by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Oversee healthcare technology systems, communication workflows, and the use of patient data for healthcare quality and safety
- Serve as information manager, system designer, planner and evaluator and project manager
- Pursue certification in Nursing Informatics by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
Nurse Educator (Excludes DNP)
- Teach nursing students, practicing nurses and other healthcare providers and clients
- Develop curriculum, perform instructional design, teach and evaluate learning
- Pursue certification as a Certified Nurse Educator by the National League for Nursing (NLN) or Nursing Professional Development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
Earn a Master of Science in Nursing Degree at the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences and enjoy the following benefits:
- Choose from three start dates each year, Spring, Summer and Fall
- Complete your degree online, with an optional on-campus residency, or choose to study at any of our four destination campuses
- Choose from four role specializations: Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Informaticist, Nurse Executive, and Nurse Educator to develop an area of expertise
- Our hands-on tools and unique learning opportunities, including The Center for Innovative Clinical Practice, will prepare you for success
- FNP students will benefit from participating in two on-campus intensives at one of the four Centers for Innovative Clinical Practice (CICP), multidisciplinary simulation centers
- Learn proper assessment techniques, demonstrate competence in practice assessments and treatments, and become comfortable with a variety of home and clinical settings
- USAHS’ distinguished faculty members enrich your on and offline learning experience with their wide range of professional, academic, clinical, and research experience
- We offer on-campus immersion opportunities for interprofessional education alongside occupational therapists, athletic trainers, physical therapists, healthcare administrators, and other healthcare professionals
- Complete your practica in your own community, with the preceptor of your choice in most cases
- Solely committed to graduate health sciences education for 40 years
- Learn from a leading graduate health sciences university and collaborative educational community
- Choose from expanded career opportunities and take your career to the next level
- Move forward with your education and become better prepared for an advanced practice role
- There is a growing need for advanced nurses with master’s degrees
- Our graduates are practice-ready on graduation day
- Students will refine their CVs and portfolios during their final practicum
- Certification review to prepare graduates for certification exams