Alumni Association News and Benefits
Stay up to date with the latest information, services and resources specifically for USAHS alumni.
Will You Serve as a Geographic Mentor?
Every term, the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences assigns students to more than 2,000 clinical placements across the United States. Students filling these positions are frequently placed in locations that they are unfamiliar with. To help students with the transition to a new area, the Alumni Engagement Office offers a Geographic Mentors program. We are looking for alumni who are willing to help students before they start their clinical placements with information about a specific city or area.
Students are looking for information on:
- Housing and resources for setting up a household
- Recreation and points of interest
- Shopping and eating
- Travel and accommodations
- Cultural resources and activities
If you are willing to serve as a Geographic Mentor for our students starting clinical placements in areas you are familiar with, please complete the mentor sign-up form (if you do not have a Google account, please email [email protected] ).
Students are placed three terms per year and will be matched as requested by students. There is no guarantee that geographic mentors will be matched with students. If at any time you wish to be removed from the list of available geographic mentors, please let us know. Thank you in advance for your participation.
Alumni Torchlight OT Referral Program
At USAHS, our alumni are the best advocates, passing the torch of academic excellence to our next cohorts of amazing students.
Through the Alumni Torchlight OT Referral Program, USAHS alumni can refer high-caliber prospective students to our entry-level occupational therapy programs. It’s a chance to contribute to the success of our OT programs and help us develop outstanding OT practitioners with a calling to improve the lives of others.
Force for Good Awards
At the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences, we believe in the power of education to change lives and transform society. USAHS is committed to making a lasting impact in the communities we serve, and we are proud to be a Certified B Corp institution, joining a global movement of people working as a force for good.
Demonstrating our commitment to social impact and our communities, the Force for Good Award is presented to alumni or community partners who possess characteristics most supportive of the University’s mission, core values and B Corp commitment. These attributes include integrity, innovation, responsiveness, support and advocacy.
Specifically, the Force for Good recipient enhances improved student access to the field of healthcare and shows a commitment to community service, while embracing innovation to improve our society’s wellness and lives. This award is given to extraordinary individuals who demonstrate the characteristics required to continue the University’s mission of being a ‘force for good.’
Force for Good Award Criteria:
- RESPONSIVENESS: Display examples of service and action of transformational change to society to build stronger communities
- INTEGRITY: Demonstrate work for social good and a positive commitment of purpose that seeks to find a balance between profit, sustainability and social impact toward wellness and a healthier environment
- INNOVATION: Exemplify creative and critical thinking processes to implement collaborative and innovative business practices that improve access to and availability of healthcare
- SUPPORT: Empower a Student First approach to enhance student access to the field of healthcare and/or promote excellence and innovation in healthcare education
- ADVOCACY: Promote and enhance opportunities for underserved populations in the field of healthcare
Do you know a USAHS alum or clinical/community partner that fits this criteria?
Library Services and Resources
The USAHS library staff invite our alumni to continue to make use of aspects of the library’s services and resources. Find out what’s available to you here.
Alumni of the University may continue to access scholarly work in the library’s [email protected] open access archive after graduation, as this is a free, public resource. Alumni may also continue to post their own scholarly work for archiving in [email protected], provided it meets the following conditions:
- The work has been accepted either by a peer-reviewed journal or by a peer-reviewed society conference.
- The author holds the copyright to the work, or posting of the work complies with copyright and publishing agreements. (Typically this will be either a work licensed under Creative Commonsor an accepted manuscript.)
- The work has not been retracted by the original publisher for any reason.
Alumni with questions about posting to [email protected] may contact a USAHS librarian at [email protected].
Alumni Association Advisory Board
The USAHS Alumni Association Advisory Board represents all degree programs, campuses and the broad range of graduation years of our alumni. We are specifically looking for alumni from our San Marcos, Austin, Dallas and Miami campuses, and from our OT, SLP and Nursing programs to volunteer to serve on the Board.
The Board’s purpose is to provide valuable insight on how the University can support and engage with its alumni. Alumni volunteers help shape the alumni engagement initiative to strengthen the University in pursuit of its mission to develop professional healthcare practitioners. Board meetings are held virtually twice a year (March and September) and are three hours long. In addition to attending these meetings, Board members will be asked to serve on a committee, which requires approximately six additional volunteer hours per year (leadership positions – VP and President – require more time). If you have questions or would like more details, please contact Director, Alumni Engagement Polly Crabtree at [email protected].
The next Advisory Board meeting will be held April 2023.
- Introducing the Alumni Association Advisory Board (meet your current board members)
- Alumni Association Advisory Board Committees (find out about each committee’s purpose and view their goals)
- USAHS Alumni Association Bylaws
- March 2022 Advisory Board Meeting Summary
- September 2022 Advisory Board Meeting Summary
Explore More Alumni
Whether you’re seeking a USAHS graduate for an open position or looking for a health care career change, we have you covered.
Class Notes and Accolades
Let us know what you’ve been up to personally and professionally, plus view past editions of our alumni magazine.
Continuing Professional Education, Networking and Events
Keep yourself updated on current topics and network with your USAHS peers with our CEU offerings and networking events.
Helpful Related Links
Need a transcript or update to your contact info? Want to partner with USAHS or have an alumni question? These links will get you help fast!