Continuing Professional Education, Networking and Events
Keep yourself updated on current topics and network with your USAHS peers with our CEU offerings and networking events.
Alumni Networking Sites
Our alumni can join private groups to connect, network, learn, share ideas and build community. We will review member requests within 24-48 hours. If you have questions, or if you are finding your member request has not been approved, please contact [email protected].
- PT Alumni Group (You must be a USAHS PT alum to join the PT Facebook group.)
- OT Alumni Group (You must be a USAHS OT alum to join the OT Facebook group.)
- SLP Alumni Group (You must be a USAHS MS-SLP alum to join the SLP Facebook group.)
- Nursing Alumni Group (You must be a USAHS Nursing School alum to join the Nursing Facebook group.)
- LinkedIn (Any USAHS alumni can join.)
USAHS Career Fairs:
Alumni are invited to participate in all USAHS career fairs taking place in 2024 either as a job seeker or recruiter. In addition to a virtual option, each USAHS campus will host an in-person Career Fair this year. Save your spot today and register now on Handshake.
Mark your calendars now for scheduled USAHS Career Fairs (note dates are subject to change):
- Wednesday, January 31—Dallas, TX campus
- Thursday, March 14—San Marcos, CA campus
- Thursday, April 4—Virtual (University-wide)
- Thursday, June 27—St. Augustine, FL campus
- Wednesday, July 10—Austin, TX campus
- Thursday, October 24—Miami, FL campus
All career fairs will be actively promoted on Handshake, the University’s dedicated platform for career services. To make the most of these events, Career Services is asking students and alumni to register on Handshake. This ensures a streamlined and efficient process for participation. Have questions? Contact USAHS Career Services at [email protected].
Continuing Professional Education:
- Keep yourself updated on current topics with our CEU offerings. USAHS alumni receive discounts on accredited continuing education. Earn CEUs that you may be able to apply toward the licensure requirements in your profession. Find out more … and then email [email protected] for discount code.
- In addition, USAHS/continuing-professional-education/ alumni can attend regular, complimentary webcasts as part of the alumni CPE series. Contact [email protected] for your discount code to receive free registration. Next up:
- Noon-1 p.m. ET Thursday, February 22—Race Day Ready: Emergency Medical Management of Running Events in Hot and Cold Climates — $35 value; 1 Hour, .1 CEU
- Noon-1 p.m. ET Thursday, March 14—24-hour Posture Care Management: *A timeless approach*— $35 value; 1 Hour, .1 CEU
Introducing Alumni Chapters:
The USAHS Alumni Association is excited to announce the introduction of Alumni Association chapters to engage alumni regionally. Our first two chapters are in Atlanta, GA and San Diego, CA.
- Our Atlanta, GA chapter is guided by alum Dr. Sam Chukwuma (DPT ’18) and University Representative April Johnson. To learn more, contact [email protected].
- Our chapter in San Diego, CA will be introduced in late spring 2024. If you are interested in helping lead this group, please contact [email protected]. The San Diego group will be instrumental in the planning of the 2024 Alumni Reunion & Family Weekend on our San Marcos campus in fall 2024. This is your chance to get involved!
- If you are interested in leading an Alumni Association chapter outside of Atlanta or San Diego, please reach out to us at [email protected].
Part of the USAHS alumni engagement program is to offer networking activities and events, including on-campus reunions, conference events and volunteer service opportunities. As these become available, we will share here and through our alumni communication channels.
Are you interested in organizing a networking event or reunion, or starting a club in your area? Please send your idea and contact information to [email protected].
- Join USAHS Alumni and Faculty at CSM in Boston—Reception is Thursday, February 15: USAHS alumni and faculty are invited to join us from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, February 15 for a hosted reception during the American Physical Therapy Association-Combined Sections Meeting in Boston, MA. This year we are limited to the first 75 people to sign up, so register early to attend. Contact [email protected] for details and registration link if you did not receive by email.
- Join USAHS Alumni and Faculty at TSHA in Ft. Worth—Reception is Thursday, February 22: USAHS alumni and faculty are invited to join us from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, February 22 for a hosted reception during the Texas Speech-Language-Hearing Association Annual Convention in Fort Worth, TX. The tour and tasting is limited to the first 30 who RSVP, so register early to attend. Contact [email protected] for details and registration link if you did not receive by email.
- Join USAHS Alumni and Faculty at AOTA in Orlando—Reception is Thursday, March 21: USAHS alumni and faculty are invited to join us from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, March 21 for a hosted reception during the American Occupational Therapy Association-INSPIRE Annual Conference in Orlando, FL. Contact [email protected] for details and registration link if you did not receive by email.
Thanks for attending
Alumni Reunion and Family Weekend
Thank you for all who attended the inaugural USAHS Alumni Reunion and Family Weekend September 15-17, 2023 on the St. Augustine, FL campus. More than 200 USAHS alumni, students, faculty, staff and community members took part in a variety of fun and informative activities during the weekend, including continuing education courses, a family barbecue, an alumni/faculty reception, volunteer activities and much more!
Mark your calendars now for the 2nd Annual USAHS Alumni Reunion and Family Weekend, to be held September 27-28, 2024 in San Marcos, CA. Stay tuned for details and make plans to join us, as we share all that makes the University and the people of USAHS so special.
Explore More Alumni
Alumni Association News and Benefits
Stay up to date with the latest information, services and resources specifically for USAHS alumni.
Whether you’re seeking a USAHS graduate for an open position or looking for a health care career change, we have you covered.
Class Notes and Accolades
Let us know what you’ve been up to personally and professionally, plus view past editions of our alumni magazine.
Alumni Association Advisory Board
The Board represents all degree programs, campuses and the broad range of graduation years of our alumni.