The Clinical Orthopaedic Residency offers physical therapists the opportunity to enhance their clinical skills through post-professional training in examination, evaluation, clinical reasoning, manual therapy skills, and patient management based upon the practice dimensions described in the Description of Specialty Practice for Orthopaedic Physical Therapy.
Flexible: Pursue your Residency at any qualified site in the country, with the option to complete the program in 1-3 years and access almost all coursework and resources online.
Challenging: Residents receive post-professional training in examination, evaluation, clinical reasoning, orthopaedic skills and patient management based upon the practice dimensions from the Description of Specialty Practice for Orthopaedic Physical Therapy.
Comprehensive: Participants can also earn academic credit toward the transitional DPT and EdD programs at the University of St Augustine.
Differentiated: Residents will experience unique mentoring sessions, guest speakers and distance opportunities from distinguished faculty and experts, including Dr. Stanley Paris
- Convenient Location: Any qualified clinic in the United States
- Accesible Curriculum: All courses are completed online and or through seminars
- Flexible Start Dates: Start in January, May, or September, when you're ready
- Adjustable Clinic Hours:Start your clinical hours when it's convenient for you
The mission of the Clinical Orthopaedic Residency program at the University of St. Augustine is to graduate physical therapists who have achieved competency of skills in both clinical and didactic learning in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy.
- Consistency of standards for both didactic and mentorship areas will be maintained across multiple clinical sites. Clinical mentors and residents will utilize all the same forms and methods of reporting to the program director. The director will review the method of both mentor and resident reporting, as well as, summarize the achievement across sites
- The Orthopaedic Residency program will maintain the standards and enhance the development of clinical mentors for the residency program.
- The Orthopaedic Residency program will ensure standards of the Orthopaedic Residency as per the APTA accrediting process.