USAHS Transfer Credit Policy
Transfer of graduate credits previously earned from another accredited degree granting institution is limited to 25% of the total number of academic credits for the degree. Transfer of credits within the University is determined on a case by case basis. Transfer credit will, in most cases, be approved for graduate coursework awarded by schools, colleges, or universities that have recognition from the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), and the U.S. Department of Education.
Acceptance or rejection of transfer credit is subject to the following provisions:
- The course(s) should have been completed within five years preceding admission to the program but the applicant may petition to the Program Director for an exception to this time limit.
- The course should have been completed with a grade of B or better. Courses having a B- or below will not be transferred.
- The course must be listed on an official transcript sent directly to the Registrar by issuing institution.
- The course number and name of the course requested for transfer should reflect the content of the course it is replacing. Additionally, if the course requested for transfer will replace an elective, the content should be closely aligned with that of the curriculum and its potential electives.
- Final approval for a transfer request is based on review and authorization by the Program Director and will be based on the assessment of whether a transfer of credit will allow the student to meet all program and course learning outcomes.
The Registrar is responsible for ensuring consistency of transfer credit practice and procedure between the different campus locations.
Please see the Student Catalog/Handbook to review all requirements in the Transfer Credit Policy.
The process for requesting transfer credits is as follows:
- The student completes a Request for Acceptance of Transfer Credit Form found on the myUSA portal Students tab and submits the completed form to the Registrar along with an official transcript showing the course (if not on file) as well as the fee of $75.00 per course for the transfer review.
- Requests for approval of transfer credits may be submitted within the first four (4) months after acceptance into the program or at least two (2) months before the start of classes for the trimester.