Nurse practitioners and physician assistants are advanced healthcare practitioners with similar responsibilities, such as diagnosing illnesses and prescribing medications. However, their training and paths toward certification differ in significant ways. This blog post unpacks the key differences between NPs and PAs to help you determine which career path best aligns with your goals. What Is a Nurse Practitioner? A nurse practitioner (NP) is a licensed clinician who provides comprehensive healthcare to patients of all ages. An NP can work in virtually any healthcare setting, diagnosing patient conditions and prescribing medications. As of October 2022, nurse practitioners have full practice authority in 27 states, meaning that they can practice Read more
FPTA Annual Conference & Assembly of Representatives
The Florida Physical Therapy Association hosted its Annual Conference and Assembly of Representatives in Daytona Beach, FL, Thursday, September 13, 2012 – Sunday, September 16, 2012. University of St. Augustine’s (USA) Faculty, graduates and students attended this event for 4 days of networking, education, special events and award ceremonies.
Special Acknowledgements and Awards Included:
- Dr. Catherine Patla and Dr. Jeffery Rot were recognized for their years of service with their 35 and 20 year pins, respectively
- Dr. Catherine Patla was re-elected to the House of Delegates
- Dr. Gary Gorniak received the Rick Shutes Committee Service Award for his years of service as the Chair of the Research Committee
- Dr. Chaconas received an award for his work as Government Advocacy Committee Chair and his involvement as the Federal Affairs Liaison
- Dr. Stanborough was recognized as a Board of Trustee Chair
- Dr. Liphart was recognized as the Conference Committee Chair
Dr. Eric J. Chaconas along with Dr. Morey J. Kolber presented the course; Eccentric Training: Evidence Informed Scientific and Practical Applications. The course provided the clinician with an overview of the basic science behind the pathophysiology of tendinopathy, the effects eccentric loading provides these tissues and the clinical application of such interventions.
On Sunday, September 16, 2012, Dr. Catherine Patla, Dr. Erin Conrad and Dr. Eric J. Chaconas participated in the panel presentation; MENTORING: Promoting Excellence through Residency/Fellowship Programs – Points of View. The presentations focused on the varied experiences of those involved in APTA credentialed residency/fellowship programs.