Areas of Specialization
Immerse yourself in the growing, interdisciplinary field of health informatics. Learn how to use computers, information technology, and other IT-based innovations to analyze data and manage healthcare records.
Health informatics specialists and analysts play an important role in facilitating effective collaboration between various healthcare providers, which leads to improved patient care outcomes. Potential careers include:
- Health Informatics Specialist
- Healthcare Data Analyst
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Other Data Analysts
Students who complete the Health Informatics specialization are eligible to receive the following certificates:
- Certified Specialist in Business Intelligence (CSBI) Certificate
- Neehr Perfect Completion Certificate
Interested in adding to your credentials as an athletic trainer or athletic therapist? Through the Athletic Training specialization, you will develop leadership, problem solving, and business skills, cultivate expertise in risk management and cultural competence, and become exposed to advanced concepts such as injury prevention programs and the treatment of female and disabled athletes.
As an athletic training MHS student, you can also expect to:
- Immediately apply knowledge from relevant courses such as Concussion in Sport, Sport and Disability, and Emergency Athletic Training
- Leverage CAATE competencies and the NATA’s Role Delineation Study as a foundation for the advanced coursework
- Expand your experiential knowledge of athletic training public policy issues
- Learn how to effectively share industry information with your peers
- Complete the Evidence-based Management of Concussion course (IPE 7255) and become an ImPACT®Trained Athletic Trainer (ITAT)
- 33.0 EBP CEUs are provided across courses in this specialization
Students who are licensed and/or certified athletic trainers or athletic therapists may also attend the three-day, on-campus immersion (part of the Emergency in Athletic Training course) and benefit from a hands-on approach to learning advanced emergency skills for athletic injury management. The immersion fulfills the professional rescuer requirements to maintain board licensure and/or certification.
Students who complete the Athletic Training specialization are eligible to receive the Impact Trained Athletic Trainer (ITAT) certificate.
If you aspire to lead in a healthcare environment, the Executive Leadership specialization can help provide the necessary skills to achieve your goal. Complete a series of courses to learn more about operational leadership, developing and managing an effective team, strategic planning and decision making, leadership strategies and the importance of quality performance standards to achieve organizational outcomes. Accelerated learning is available for select courses in this specialization.
Teaching & Learning
Learn teaching methodologies to motivate the modern student – in a traditional or online classroom – and develop curriculum that meets the needs of learners across generations. During your Comprehensive Project course (MHS 7700) you will have the option to develop curriculum for an industry partner or to acquire experience in online teaching.
MHS to EdD Bridge Program
Upon successful completion of the MHS Teaching and Learning Specialization at USAHS, you will be eligible to enroll in the MHS to EdD Bridge Program. Up to 30 credits can be applied from the MHS program, allowing you to complete the USAHS Doctor of Education (EdD) degree program in less time.