Doctor of Education Program
The Doctor of Education program at The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is designed for practitioners, educators, and administrators who want to assume or advance their careers in healthcare education, administration, or leadership.
USAHS’s Doctor of Education program complements its mission of developing professional healthcare practitioners, leaders, and educators by preparing its graduates to fill the growing demand for faculty, administrators, and leaders in health science-related education.
Whether you currently are a healthcare practitioner or educator, your experience is invaluable to the next generation of health science professionals. If you would like to pursue a career in higher education or enrich the one you have, our online Doctor of Education (EdD) program can help you achieve your goals and prepare you for success in this dynamic field.
- The EdD consists of 60 credits and can be completed in as little as three years. However, USAHS’s program is flexible so students can complete the program at their preferred pace.
- Delivered almost completely online, the program includes two on-campus residencies, which will expose you to guest speakers and allow you to engage in discussions, presentations, and Q&A sessions with your faculty and fellow students in a face-to-face setting.
- You will progress through the program with a diverse interprofessional cohort of your peers who share your desire and commitment to begin or enhance their careers in higher education.
- Core coursework will develop your instructional skillsin topics such as curriculum development, educational theory, and classroom delivery.
- Electives are designed so you can take courses in specialty areas, accept teaching internships or directed study opportunities while you progress through the program , pursue a specialization resulting in a certificate in an area such as Nursing Education, Athletic Training, Teaching and Learning, and Executive Leadership.
- The EdD culminates with a dissertation, which will allow you to address a real-world problem or make an original contribution to a body of knowledge in your field.