Full-Time DPT Program
Since 1979, USAHS has been a leader in graduate Physical Therapy education with our focus on professional clinical preparedness. You’ll learn from professors who are practicing clinicians, ensuring that your education will be relevant with a focus on hands-on experience. The USAHS DPT curriculum enables student flexibility by blending online learning components with traditional on-campus, face-to-face learning. As a result, student interaction with faculty and fellow classmates is more meaningful, significant and effective. Our full-time DPT program is for students who are able to attend classes throughout the week at one of our four destination campuses.
- Small class ratios promoting development of close relationships with both faculty and peers.
- An interdisciplinary educational curriculum where occupational and physical therapy students take classes and work together as commonly practiced in clinical settings.
- Well-educated and experienced faculty who are attuned to student needs.
- St. Augustine, San Marcos, Austin and Miami are ideal for student life with excellent recreational and cultural activities.
- Three clinical internships during the second half of the program deliver critical hands-on experience and patient management skills. One internship is 6 weeks long and the other two are each 12 weeks long and require the student’s full-time participation.*
- Start at the time of year that best suits your schedule. All four of our campuses offer start dates in Jan, May, and Sept.
*USAHS has a diverse and extensive network of clinical partners where students may be assigned to complete their clinical experiences. Although USAHS will make its best effort to find a clinical placement in close proximity of a student’s current location, students should plan on the potential need to travel or relocate for clinical experiences.